For the purposes of this Agreement, “GMHC” shall mean GMHC and all of its affiliates and their officers, directors, employees and agents.
1. About this Site. This Site is intended to educate and inform you about GMHC and its various services, programs, and initiatives (including without limitation, fundraising activities) relating to preventing the spread of HIV, as well as improving the quality of life for people living with HIV or AIDS.
2. Proprietary Rights and Restrictions on Use. This Site, including but not limited to the text, content, Contributed Content (as defined below), all compilations of real time or other information, any software programs, tools, applications and/or code available on or through the Site and accompanying links, photographs, images, video, audio and graphics contained on the Site, the selection and arrangement of the aforementioned and the “look and feel” of the Site, (collectively “Content”), is protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, trade dress, domain name, patent, trade secret, international treaties and other proprietary rights and laws of the United States and other countries (“Intellectual Property Laws”). In using or accessing the Site or the Content, you acknowledge and agree to abide by all applicable Intellectual Property Laws, as well as any additional notices or restrictions contained on the Site, including, without limitation, in this Agreement. Unauthorized use of the Site and the Content and materials contained on or available through the Site or any linked web sites may violate applicable Intellectual Property Laws or other laws. The copyrights, trademarks, service marks and any other proprietary Content displayed on the Site are copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade dress and proprietary material of GMHC and various third parties. You may not use the Site or any Content except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Content or proprietary material without the express written permission of GMHC or such other party as may own the proprietary rights therein and any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to GMHC or third parties credited as the owner or lawful providers of the Content (“Content Providers”). All right, title and interest in and to the Content are owned, licensed or controlled by GMHC or its Content Providers.
You may print or download a single, unaltered, copy in a single computer’s memory of any Content for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices. [Accredited educational institutions, such as K-12, private/public colleges, state community colleges and universities may download and reproduce Content on the Site for distribution in the classroom solely for educational purposes. Distribution outside the classroom or for non-educational purposes requires express written permission.]1 Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
GMHC owns registered and common-law trademarks, service marks, domain names and trade dress protected by trademark laws in the United States and other countries. Other names, whether or not appearing in large print, italics or with the trademark/service mark symbol are trademarks and service marks of GMHC or its Content Providers, unless otherwise noted. The use or misuse of these trademarks/service marks or any other Content or materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may be in violation of copyright law, trademark law and/or other relevant laws. Please be advised that GMHC actively and aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
We may require you to pay a fee to obtain access to the Restricted Areas, and if not, we reserve the right to introduce a fee for such access at any time. If such a fee is introduced, we will provide you with the terms and conditions relating to such fee.
Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, we reserve the right to terminate your registration to the Restricted Areas and to restrict your access to the Site without notice at any time. If you have paid a fee to access the Restricted Areas and your access to the Restricted Areas or the Site is terminated, we will reimburse that fee to you.
By registering with the Site, you are consenting to the receipt of electronic mail (“email”) from GMHC. GMHC will not share your email address with any third party except its record-keeper and administrative services provider.
You may cancel your registration with the Site at any time by sending an email to webmaster@GMHC.org specifying you wish to cancel your registration for the Site.
4. Code of Conduct. In connection with your use of the Site, you agree that you will not (collectively, the "Code of Conduct"):
While using the Site and the Content, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Unauthorized access to the Site is a breach of this Agreement and a violation of law.
Descriptions or images of, or references to, products or services on the Site do not imply GMHC’s endorsement of such products or services. We reserve the right, without prior notification, to change such descriptions or references, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to you. Verification of information applicable to a purchase may be required prior to GMHC’s acceptance of any order. Price and availability of any product or service are subject to change without notice. Current rates for any product or service available through the Site may be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Information Provided by GMHC. Although GMHC strives to provide Content that is both useful and accurate, the nature of the data and other information contained on the Site is subject to frequent change. In addition, the facts and circumstances of every situation differ. Accordingly, although GMHC endeavors to use reasonable care in assembling the Content, the Content may not be up-to-date, accurate or complete. In addition, portions of the Content have been contributed to the Site by various entities and service providers. The inclusion of such information does not indicate any approval or endorsement thereof, and GMHC expressly disclaims any liability with respect to the foregoing.
GMHC hopes and believes that the Content will be helpful as background reference, but it should not be construed as legal, medical, or other professional advice on any subject matter. GMHC has endeavored to comply with legal and ethical requirements known to GMHC personnel who compiled this Site, but GMHC is not engaged in rendering legal, medical, or other professional services, and availability for use of the Content is not intended to create, and does not create, any attorney-client, doctor-patient, or other professional services relationship. Use of the Content is not an adequate substitute for obtaining legal, medical, or other professional advice from a licensed provider in your jurisdiction. You agree that you will not act or refrain from acting based on any Content without first seeking the services of a competent and licensed professional.
7. Contributed Content. Some web pages or domains included in the Site (including, without limitation, message boards, blog feeds and other forums found on the Site may allow for you to submit to, or publish or display on, the Site or transmit to other Site users content (“Contributed Content”). When you provide Contributed Content to the Site, you agree to do so on the following terms (“Contributed Content Guidelines”):
By posting Contributed Content on the Site, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, GMHC a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free, fully paid-up, transferable license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display and distribute such Contributed Content, and to sell, modify, create derivative works from and/or to incorporate such Contributed Content into other works in any form, medium or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, in each case, without compensation to you. You agree to waive any moral rights that you may have to your Contributed Content. You also represent and warrant that (i) none of your Contributed Content is subject to a confidentiality obligation; and (ii)(A) you are eighteen (18) years old or older or are an emancipated minor and have the right to submit such Contributed Content, or (B) you have obtained your parent's or legal guardian's express consent to submit such Contributed Content and to grant the licenses provided hereunder.
GMHC does not endorse any Contributed Content or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein, and GMHC expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Contributed Content. The opinion(s) expressed in any Contributed Content reflects solely the opinion(s) of the user submitting such Contributed Content and does not reflect the opinion(s) of GMHC. You understand that when using the Site, you will be exposed to Contributed Content from a variety of sources, and that GMHC is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Contributed Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Contributed Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, objectionable, obscene, threatening, harassing or encouraging of any such conduct, or that otherwise violates the Code of Conduct, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against GMHC with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold GMHC its owners/operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law regarding all matters related to your use of the Site.
GMHC may at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion, remove any Contributed Content, terminate the membership of, or take any other appropriate action against any person who violates the Contributed Content Guidelines. Illegal or unauthorized uses of the Site will be investigated and subject to appropriate legal action, including, without limitation, civil, criminal and/or injunctive redress.
GMHC prohibits caching, unauthorized hypertext links by others to the Site and the framing of any Content available on Site, without the prior written consent of GMHC. GMHC reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other site reached by links to or from the Site.
9. Claims of Copyright Infringement. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512:
Notices under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act should be sent to:
Designated Copyright Notice Agent
446 West 33 Street
New York, NY 10001-2601
10. Access By Minors. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
11. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is solely directed to individuals residing in the United States. We make no representation that Content available on or through the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any service, program or other product described thereon to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such service, program or other product that we provide.
12. Termination. We reserve the right to immediately terminate this Agreement, and/or your access to and use of the Site or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Upon termination of this Agreement, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all Content obtained from the Site and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
13. Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, ERRORS, OR INACCURACIES IN THE CONTENT, AND THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. GMHC, ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HEREBY DISCLAIM WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, RELIABILITY, STABILITY, READINESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ARISING FROM USAGE OR CUSTOM OR TRADE OR BY OPERATION OF LAW. GMHC, ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. ANY MATERIAL, INFORMATION OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DISCRETION AND YOU ALONE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS TO YOU, INCLUDING AND NOT LIMITED TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY PROPERTY OR LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF REVENUE THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF SUCH MATERIAL.
GMHC DOES NOT CONTROL THE CONTENT PROVIDED BY ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY OR QUALITY OF SUCH CONTENT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY USING THE SITE YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO CONTENT PROVIDED BY CONTENT PROVIDERS AND OTHERS THAT IS OFFENSIVE, INDECENT AND/OR OBJECTIONABLE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL GMHC BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT PROVIDED BY ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS OR OTHERS, INCLUDING ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY SUCH CONTENT, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY SUCH CONTENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GMHC OR ANY CONTENT PROVIDER OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANYONE ELSE FOR (a) ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY CONTINGENCIES BEYOND THEIR CONTROL OR ANY NEGLIGENCE, INCLUDING ANY GROSS NEGLIGENCE, IN PROCURING, PROVIDING COMPILING, INTERPRETING, EDITING, WRITING, REPORTING, TRANSMITTING OR DELIVERING THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT THEREON, (b) ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE UPON SUCH CONTENT, ANY DELAYS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INTERRUPTIONS IN THE DELIVERY OR TRANSMISSION OF CONTENT, DATA AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THE SITE OR ANY WEB SITE OF A CONTENT PROVIDER, (c) ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THE SITE OR ANY WEB SITE OF A CONTENT PROVIDER OR (d) ANY TYPES OF DAMAGES (SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR INDIRECT DAMAGES), EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, NOTHING IN THE PRECEDING THREE PARAGRAPHS SHALL LIMIT OR OTHERWISE MODIFY ANY OF YOUR LIABILITIES OR OBLIGATIONS, ANY RESTRICTIONS ON CONTRIBUTED CONTENT OR ANY OTHER PROVISION SET FORTH ABOVE IN THE SECTION TITLED, “CONTRIBUTED CONTENT.”
14. Indemnification. You shall indemnify and defend GMHC, its affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers and sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, and hold each of them harmless from and against any and all claims, damages (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages of any kind), losses, costs (including attorneys' fees and court costs) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this Agreement, including any violation of the Code of Conduct, above; (b) any allegation that any Contributed Content or other materials you submit to us or transmit to the Site infringe, misappropriate or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with the Site.
15. Questions. The Site is provided by GMHC. If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Agreement or the Site, you may contact us at email@example.com.
16. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without regard to conflicts of law principles of such state. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in New York, New York, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and the remainder of the provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and shall in no way be affected, impaired or invalidated. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and GMHC relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between you and GMHC with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement may not be assigned by you without GMHC's prior written consent. The failure of GMHC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The rights and remedies herein provided shall be cumulative and not exclusive of any rights or remedies provided by applicable law. Any heading, caption or section title contained in this Agreement is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.
© Copyright 2011 GHMC. All Rights Reserved.