Need support, need to talk? Call 1-800-243-7692
GMHC Hotline: (800) 243-7692
SPECIAL SCHEDULE FOR FRIDAY, MAY 24 & MONDAY, MAY 27:
On Friday, May 24, and Monday, May 27, the Hotline will closed.
- General GMHC numbers: please call 212-367-1000 and follow the voice menu
- To become a GMHC client: for information please click here.
- Geffen Test Center: please call 212-367-1100 and for more Test Center information please click here.
- HIV Information & Counseling: NYS HIV/AIDS Hotline 800-541-AIDS (2437) (English); 800-233-SIDA (2437) (Spanish), Mon – Fri: 8 am – 8 pm, Sat & Sun: 10 am – 3 pm
- HIV Treatment information: Project Inform’s HIV Health InfoLine 800-822-7422 (toll free) or 415-558-9051 (San Francisco Bay Area/International) Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm, Pacific Time; 1pm – 7pm, Eastern Time; www.projectinform.org
- HIV Nightline: 800-628-9240 - Open 24 hours/7 days a week
- NYC DOHMH STD Hotline 212-427-5120, Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
The Hotline E-Mail program was implemented in an effort to further accommodate those who may prefer expressing their thoughts and concerns in writing.
On average a total of 50-60 e-mails are received per month. Some of the e-mail topics include:
- HIV testing
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI)
- Post exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
- Support groups (newly diagnosed, bereavement and caregiver)
- Mental health counseling